Designed as an audio recording solution for filmmakers, the DR-70D 4-Channel Audio Recording Device for DSLR and Video Cameras from Tascam features dual built-in omnidirectional microphones and is capable of recording up to 4 tracks simultaneously. It has tripod mounts on both the top and bottom of the unit and can be mounted above or below your DSLR or video camera as well as on a follow-focus cage.
Recording to SD, SDHC, or SDXC cards up to 128GB, the DR-70D tracks in BWAV format for NLE compatibility. All integral parameters feature dedicated hardware controls, so you never have to go searching through menus to quickly change a setting. A dedicated camera output lets you send a mic-level signal to your camera's audio input to create a reference track for easier synching in post, while the dedicated headphone output allows you to monitor your audio.
Designed for use with video and DSLR cameras and can be screwed to the bottom of a DSLR camera with jacks and controls that stay out of the way
- Simplified interface with controls on hardware switches and knobs instead of menus, for quick adjustment during a take
- Dual record function captures a safety track to have a backup in case of distortion
- Tascam's HDDA microphone preamps which are designed for low noise, low distortion, and full-bandwidth
- BWAV format capture for NLE compatibility
- Limiter and high-pass filter prevent wind or mic bumps from overdriving the recording
- Microphone level camera output allows you to record the same audio to the camera for easy synchronization in your editor
- Records to SD/SDHC/SDXC media
- Individual headphone and camera outputs allows you to monitor recording with headphones while sending another output to the camera
- Slate function records a tone for precise synchronization between DR-70D and camera audio in post
- 4-track recording records from four XLR microphone inputs
- Built-in omnidirectional microphones allow you to record without packing mics
- Runs on 4 AA batteries