The black Hydrophobia Rain Cover 300-600 V2.0 from Think Tank is a sophisticated cover that protects your pro DSLR from moisture, wind, dust and dirt and permits you to shoot under adverse conditions. It's over-sized and accommodates lenses from 300mm f/2.8 up to a 600mm f/4 with an optional Hydrophobia eyepiece attached. A 600mm lens extension sleeve is included for use with a 600mm f/4 or 800mm f/5.6 lens. Its over-sized design permits horizontal or vertical use and can be accessed by its left or right sleeves. Moreover, it can be easily used when your DSLR is tripod or monopod mounted.
The beauty of this item is that it can be attached while the camera is assembled and, in addition, permits you to change batteries or memory cards without having to remove the cover. There's also a lens hood cover that protects the front of the lens. The clear back window of the Hydrophobia allows full access to the camera's LCD screen.
It should be noted that you do not have to remove your camera's strap in order to use the Hydrophobia. Nor do you have to tweak the cover by trimming it.
The Hydrophobia connects to your lens hood by its hook and loop strap, manufactured to be non-slip. Optional Hydrophobia camera eyepieces are required to provide you with a clear view of your viewfinder through the cover. This rain cover comes with a cleverly designed built-in eyepiece pocket that is used to store the Hydrophobia eyepiece while the cover is packed away. Or, use it to hold your camera's eyecup while using the Hydrophobia's eyepiece.
For additional protection from the elements, an eyepiece flap is provided to shield the eyepiece from rain, sand or other potentially interfering contaminants. A lens hood is also provided and can be stored in its own supplied pocket located on top of the cover or it can be completely removed. The Hydrophobia comes with its own mesh carrying bag and is backed by a lifetime warranty against manufacturer's defects.
- Proper use of the rain cover does not require removing the strap attached to the camera. Nor does it require cutting holes in the rain cover or disassembling the camera's attached strap
- The lens strap inside the Hydrophobia allows the external Camera Strap to fully support the weight of the camera and lens. Tighten the lens strap then clip it around the back end of the lens, ensuring a snug fit
- There is no need to remove the strap already attached to the DSLR. Simply fold the strap and slip it into the Camera Strap Retainer, which is the elastic loop inside the Hydrophobia. The elastic cords on the rain cover can now be tightened or loosened by single-handed operation
- The Hydrophobia securely attaches around the lens hood by a hook-and-loop strap with non-slip coating. Using a lens hood in the rain effectively prevents stray droplets from streaking across the front of the lens, in a similar way it blocks glare from sunlight
- A specially designed optional eyepiece is required for use and proper attachment of the Hydrophobia rain cover. The eyepiece allows a clear view, straight through to the camera's viewfinder
- An eyepiece flap can be folded over the Hydrophobia eyepiece when the camera is not is use. This keeps excess rain or dust from collecting on the viewfinder while the camera is just hanging by the external strap
- An eyepiece pocket is built into the side of the Hydrophobia rain cover. It can be used to store the Hydrophobia eyepiece when the rain cover is packed away or it can carry the DSLR's rubber eyecup while the rain cover is actively being used. Look for the eye-shaped icon on the Hydrophobia
- A soft lens hood cover is included for additional protection from the elements. Use it as a lens cap; it's too small to be a shower cap. The hood cover can be stored in the pocket on top of the lens or it can be completely removed to save some bulk
- The clear window on the back of the Hydrophobia keeps the camera's LCD screen and controls visible. There is also enough room inside the rain cover to change memory cards and batteries without exposing the camera to rain
- Using a shorter focal length lens in the Hydrophobia may be possible depending on the placement of the zoom or focusing rings on the lens
- Requires Eyepiece (sold separately)
- Can be attached while camera and lens are assembled
- Clear back window to view LCD screen and camera controls
- Lens hood cover protects front of lens as needed
- Eyepiece storage pocket (Eyepieces sold separately)
- Over-sized and adjustable right and left hand sleeves
- Compatible with monopods and small tripod heads
- Mesh bag included for transportation and storage
- Compatible with super telephoto lenses - 300mm f/2.8 up to 600mm f/4
A 600mm lens extension sleeve is included for use with a 600mm f4 or 800mm f/5.6 lens