This is a Westcott 40° Fabric Grid for the 43" Apollo Orb softbox. The grid narrows the beam spread from your Apollo softbox to control spill light, softens contrast and add directionality to this soft source. The large surface area and unique shape of the orb allows wrap-around light effects, while the grid helps to prevent contamination of your carefully lit background. It attaches to the recessed front through the use of hook and loop tape.
- Create Separation and Depth
- Grids are made up of cells that control off axis light in four directions while maintaining the soft quality inherent in a large light source. Use as a portrait source to keep light off your background. Or use the grid's control qualities to turn the orb into a large hairlight for groups. You can even clip gels to it.
- Eliminates Spill and Flare
- As light is focused into a forward direction through use of a grid, it can help to eliminate spill light or lens flare
- 40 Degree Spread of Light.
- The off axis portion of the light is controlled by the cell size. The cell size (measured in degrees) describes the maximum cutoff angle of the off axis light. A 40-degree grid is the most popular degree used
- Light Loss
- Light loss at the center axis is minimal at a distance of up to 3 to 4 times the diagonal dimension of the light source. On most models it is less than a 1/4 of stop of light.
- Perfect for Travel
- Soft grids collapse down for easy transport and travel
- Included Travel Case
- Each unit comes with an included nylon carry case
- Easy Attachment
- Grids easily attach through the use of hook and loop tape. When attaching, place your diffusion panel about 1/2 way in on the hook tape. This will leave enough room for the egg crate to attach directly in front of the diffusion panel
- Perfect Fit
- Grid corners are left unattached in order to provide the perfect fit. This allows you to stretch the grid taught and avoid sagging or drooping.