The Atomos Ninja Flame is a 7", 1920 x 1200 on-camera recording monitor combining 4K recording with a 10-bit FRC panel that supports native display of HDR (log) footage, as well as high-brightness viewing of Rec. 709 footage. It utilizes an HDMI input to support clean output signals at resolutions up to UHD 4K, recording it to 2.5" SSDs using 10-bit, 4:2:2 Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHR codecs.
The 10-bit panel and AtomHDR display technology support a brightness range of over 10 stops, allowing you to more accurately monitor your log gamma footage without having to view flat, washed-out looking images, or use a LUT to compress the dynamic range and color space. The monitor offers built-in pre-sets to accurately translate popular log formats from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras. The settings only affect viewing, with recorded video remaining unaltered.
In addition to HDR monitoring, the monitor also offers a High Bright mode for traditional Rec. 709 monitoring. This mode takes advantage of the full 1500 cd/m² brightness to allow for more confident monitoring in bright outdoor environments, even without a sun hood. In HDR mode, use of an included snap-on sun hood is required, as displaying a wider brightness range reduces the overall brightness of the monitor.
Built to withstand the rigors of production, the Ninja Flame features built-in protective armor with silicone-covered corners and chamfered edges. Compared to the original Ninja, the Flame now features dual Sony L-Series battery plates that support battery hot-swapping, enabling longer run times. For audio recording, the monitor features a 3.5mm microphone input, with on-screen audio level display. Additionally, the monitor features a variety of on-screen exposure analysis, framing, and focus assist tools. Included with the basic kit are a Master Caddy II 2.5" drive enclosure and an AC adapter power supply. A travel case for storing the monitor is also included to protect it during storage and transport.
- 1920 x 1200 resolution
- 10-bit FRC monitoring processing
- 1500 cd/m² brightness
- 4K HDMI input/output
- AtomHDR technology displays 10 stops of dynamic range to natively display HDR (log) footage
- Presets for viewing log gamma curves from Sony, Canon, Panasonic, ARRI, RED, and JVC cameras
- High Bright mode for Rec. 709 viewing
- UHD 4K downscale for HD monitoring
- Supports custom 3D LUTs (.cube format)
- Anamorphic de-squeeze: 2x, 1.5x, 1.33x, Panasonic 8:3
- UHD 4K recording at 24/25/30 fps
- 1080p recording up to 120 fps
- 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes and DNxHR recording to SSD/HDD media
- Pre-roll record (HD 8 seconds, 4K 2 seconds)
- Custom time-lapse mode
- 10 metadata fields
- Additional Features
- 3.5mm microphone input
- Audio level meters and mic level adjustment
- Dual Sony L-Series type battery slots support hot-swappable for continuous power
- Built-in armor with silicone-covered corners