Helping to enhance audio quality when recording video with your digital camera, the DM-E1 Directional Microphone from Canon is an external microphone offering a range of directional control, including a dedicated shotgun setting as well as switchable 90° and 120° stereo settings. It is compatible with digital cameras featuring a 3.5mm plug and offers a frequency response range of 50 Hz to 16 kHz. An included wind screen helps to reduce peripheral sound from wind or other ambient noises, and a shock mount is incorporated into the design to reduce camera and lens operation noise while recording. It is powered by an included CR2032 button-type lithium cell battery, and a power status indicator lamp lets you confirm the remaining life of the battery.
- External microphone offers enhanced audio quality as well as greater recording control to render more dynamic video productions.
- Three separate pickup settings are available to suit a variety of shooting needs:
- Shotgun is a monaural recording mode that picks up a narrow band of sound in front of the camera, making it suitable for dialogues, single musical instruments, or other specific subjects.
- 90° stereo recording mode is suitable for a single subject and adds some audio context to the sides to suit recording small groups of people.
- 120° stereo recording mode offers a wider angle of sound that is ideal for recording larger groups in more expansive areas, such as a band on stage or an outdoor party.
- This microphone is compatible with select EOS digital cameras that have a dedicated movie recording mode and an external mic jack.
- The included wind screen helps to reduce peripheral sound from wind or other ambient sounds for cleaner, more focused playback. Additionally, the microphone has an integrated shock mount construction to reduce camera and lens operation noise.
- A frequency range of 50 Hz to 16 kHz can accurately capture a wide variety of sounds, including live music, nature sounds, and dialogues.
- Rather than using the camera's battery, this microphone incorporates its own power source to offer longer continuous recording times. The included CR2032 button-type lithium cell battery is easily replaceable and a power check lamp is featured on the mic body for checking battery level status. Additionally, when connected to a camera, the microphone will be automatically turned on or off in conjunction with the camera's own on/off switch.