Optimized for close-up shooting, the EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM from Canon mixes a comfortable short telephoto focal length with a short working distance. As a macro lens, first and foremost, this lens affords a life-size, 1:1 maximum magnification along with a 1' minimum focusing distance and the 100mm focal length is also well-suited for portraiture and other mid-length subjects. Benefitting image quality, one ultra-low dispersion element is featured, which limits color fringing and chromatic aberrations for high clarity, and a Super Spectra coating is also applied to suppress flare and ghosting for improved contrast. A three-group internal floating focusing system is also used to maintain image quality throughout the entire focus range and an Ultrasonic Motor provides quick and quiet autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus control.
- Short telephoto prime is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount DSLRs, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 160mm equivalent focal length.
- Ideal for macro shooting, this lens offers a life-size 1:1 maximum magnification along with a minimum focusing distance of 1' to suit working with close-up subjects.
- One ultra-low dispersion (UD) element greatly reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Super Spectra coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize ghosting and flare for greater contrast and color neutrality when working in strong lighting conditions.
- A ring-type Ultrasonic Motor (USM) is employed to deliver fast, precise, and quiet autofocus performance as well as full-time manual focus override.
- Three-group floating elements system along with an internal focusing design helps to maintain consistent image quality throughout the focusing range.
- Focus Limiter switch lets you constrain the focusing to two different ranges for faster focusing performance: 1'-infinity and 1.6'-infinity.
- Rounded eight-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Optional rotating tripod collar is available and benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.