Delkin Devices Fat Gecko Kaboom Boom Arm with Ball Head
The Fat Gecko Kaboom from Delkin Devices is a carbon fiber boom with 5 interchangable sections that allow for quick and easy set up and break down. It is meant to hold action cameras, mirrorless cameras, and compact cameras up to 2 lbs. At full length the boom reaches 60", and when collapsed it is only 15".
The five sections include a 10" handle, a 10" shaft with a ball head, a 10" extenstion shaft, and two 15" extension shafts. The ball head has a 1/4"-20 male thread to attach your camera, and the handle has a 1/4"-20 female thread to attach it to a tripod or other compatible equipment. The Kaboom is made in the USA.
- The carbon fiber and stainless steel construction means that the Kaboom is weatherproof and waterproof, making it an ideal tool for scuba divers, surfers, and other outdoor or extreme-sport photographers.
- Tripod Extender
- The Kaboom can attach to a tripod's 1/4"-20 mount, giving you up to 5' of additional height for high-angle shots.
- You can use the Kaboom to hold your camera out in front of you to take a self-portrait or a group shot.
- Helmet Boom
- The Kaboom attaches to a helmet via 3M VHB adhesive tape so that you can capture stills or video while bike riding, skiing, or when participating in other extreme sports. A safety release ensures that the boom will swivel behind you in the event of a crash, saving you from injury, and reducing the chance of camera damage.
- High Angle Shots
- Depending on the configuration of the sections, you can add between 20 and 60" to your handheld shots. The included ball head can hold up to 2 lb, and has stainless steel parts, allowing it to be used in rain, snow, and even saltwater.
- Vehicle Mount
- With the purchase of optional suction cup mounts, the Kaboom can be attached to cars, boats, planes or other modes of transportation for unique shots.
- Stainless Steel Pressure Buttons
- The pressure buttons allow you to setup and break down the Kaboom quickly, and are made from stainless steel, so they won't rust or corode.
- Rubber Handle
- The rubber handle provides a golf-club like grip, helping you to hold the Kaboom, even when wearing gloves.