Laowa 12mm T2.9 Zero-D Cine Lens for Canon RF
The Canon RF mount Laowa 12mm T2.9 Zero-D Cine Lens from Venus Optics provides a wide 122° angle of view well suited for outdoor and landscape shots and in tight interior locations, and it is optimized for digital cinematography. It is so lightweight and compact that it can be used not only with handheld shooting, it is also light enough for use on gimbals and small mirrorless and cinema RF-mount cameras such as the RED KOMODO. The lens produces an image circle that will cover full-frame, VistaVision, and ARRI ALEXA LF sized sensors or smaller.
The 12mm cine lens features a maximum aperture of T2.9 with 16 elements in 10 groups. Its 7-blade aperture provides a soft, pleasing bokeh, a shallow depth of field with little to no distortion, and a 7" close focus distance. The focus and aperture rings feature industry-standard 0.8 pitch gearing that will accommodate standard cine follow focus motors. Focus, aperture, and depth of field markings are in feet on the side of the lens to aid focus pullers.
A hard-shell Pelican 1170 case with custom foam is included to protect and transport the lens.
- Ultra wide-angle 12mm T2.9 prime designed for RF-mount mirrorless and cine cameras such as the RED KOMODO with up to full-frame/VistaVision/ALEXA LF sensor
- Designed with 16 elements in 10 groups, low distortion, and 7-blade iris
- Distance markings in feet
- 102mm front diameter
- 7" close focus, smooth 270° focus rotation, and standard 0.8 MOD focus ring
- A hard-shell Pelican case with custom foam is included
What's in the box
- Venus Optics Laowa 12mm T2.9 Zero-D Cine Lens (Canon RF, Feet)
- Front and Rear Lens Caps
- Pelican Case with Custom-Cut Foam
- Limited 3-Year Warranty