MagMod has put together this MagBox 24 Octa Pro Kit for photographers who want to maximize the potential of their speedlights while having the option to configure the system for use with strobes. The kit includes the 24" MagBox Octa softbox with diffuser, a MagRing that holds one or two flashes, a MagShoe for handholding or stand-mounting, and a set of CT correction gels. Also included is the FocusDiffuser which narrows the Octa's beam spread while increasing its output two or three stops. It all fits in the provided case.
The MagMod MagRing is a lightweight universal speedlight mount that accepts up to two speedlights that have been outfitted with MagMod's MagGrip (MagGrip not included). The MagRing features a cold shoe mounting foot and can mount to a MagMod MagShoe for handheld or stand-mounted use. Magnetic attachments are at the heart of the MagRing and are used to hold MagMod's MagBox softbox. Magnets also secure your speedlights, when mounted with the MagGrip, and the MagRing incorporates locking doors for further security.
- Neodymium magnets inside the MagGrip (not included) allow speedlights to attach securely to the MagRing without tools or locking knobs.
- With your speedlights magnetically attached to the MagRing, close the rear latching doors for additional security.
- The MagRing system is incredibly fast as it uses magnets and latches to secure your speedlights. This tool-less mounting method makes for rapid setup and breakdown.
- Works with MagBox accessories.
MagShoe for MagRing
The MagMod MagShoe for MagRing is a lightweight ergonomic holder for your MagRing flash holder. The MagShoe can be mounted to a stand with a 5/8" pin or easily carried handheld, and it accepts either a flash or the MagRing using a cold shoe mounting system. It is designed to operate with only one hand, leaving your other hand available to hold your camera, which allows you to mount your flash or MagRing and lock it in place with a single hand.
The single-handed operation extends to the tilt function, which is controlled by a simple trigger that you squeeze to release the lock. This allows you to have a secure grip on the MagShoe while locking or unlocking it with the same hand that is holding it secure. Releasing the trigger engages the tilt lock, which allows the MagShoe to support your MagRing, two flashes, and the MagBox softbox. It integrates an umbrella mounting hole with lock, allowing you to create that familiar soft look. The plastic exterior of the MagShoe is gentle on your hands, and will not accidently trigger your flash via its hot-shoe mounting foot.
- The built-in locking lever is designed to be locked or unlocked using only one hand. It features an integrated locking ring that locks your flash or MagRing in place without using the locking ring on your flash.
- When mounted on a stand, you can tilt the MagShoe forward or back over a range of 155° by simply squeezing the trigger and tilting the unit. Releasing the trigger re-engages the tilt lock. this is a single-handed operation that does not require tightening or loosening locking levers or knobs.
The travel-friendly MagMod MagBox Case is designed to hold, protect, and transport your MagBox Light, MagRing, two MagShoes, two speedlight flahses, two FocusDiffusers, and twenty four or more MagBox Gels.
Correction Gel Set
Put together by MagMod to assist photographers in converting their speedlight's daylight color balance to tungsten or to warm or cool its quality of light, the Correction Gel Kit contains eight rigid polycarbonate gels that slip into the integrated slot in the MagBox Octa. The set includes two Full CTO, three 1/2 CTO, and two 1/4 CTO filters, as well as a Full Blue filter. The gels require separate purchase of a MagGrip for use.