This 468MG Hydrostatic Ball Head from Manfrotto includes an integrated RC2 quick release cam lock and a 200PL-14 Quick Release Plate. RC2 compatible quick release plates such as the 200PL-14 can be removed from the head by pulling the cam lock's spring-loaded lever, which also allows the plate to be instantly reattached. The cam lock also features a safety catch to prevent the 200PL-14, or another compatible quick release plate from accidentally disconnecting.
The 468MG Hydrostatic Ball Head with 200PL-14 Quick Release Plate features a ball-and-socket joint that utilizes pressurized fluid, which helps to provide a 22.1 lb load capacity and an easy-to-tighten locking mechanism. By loosening the 468MG Hydrostatic Ball Head's primary locking knob, the ball-and-socket joint can be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position. An additional knob set within that locking knob can be rotated to apply tension control to the ball-and-socket joint's movements. Along the opposite side of the ball head, a secondary locking knob controls the ability to rotate the head 360°.
Cameras or accessories that are compatible with a 1/4"-20 mount can be connected to the 200PL-14 quick release plate, which measures 1.7 x 2.1 x 0.4" and has a rubberized, non-slip surface.
- 468MG Hydrostatic Ball Head
- 22.1 lb load capacity
- Compatible with tripods or support systems that feature a 3/8"-16 mount
- Easy-to-tighten hydrostatic ball-and-socket joint that utilizes pressurized fluid, which helps maximize pan-and-tilt flexibility while enhancing load capacity
- Ball-and-socket joint provides 360° of swivel control, is tiltable down to a 90° angle, and can be locked into place
- Dual, ball-and-socket joint notches enable two-sided tilt capability
- Integrated RC2 quick release cam lock
- Primary locking knob allows ball-and-socket joint to be quickly swiveled, angled, fully tilted, or returned to its upright position
- Secondary locking knob allows head to rotate 360°
- Dedicated tension control knob for the ball-and-socket joint's movements
- Durable, magnesium-alloy construction
- 200PL-14 Quick Release Plate
- Compatible with Manfrotto RC2 quick release cam lock
- Measures 1.7 x 2.1 x 0.4" and has a rubberized, non-slip surface
- 1/4"-20 mount
- Durable, aluminum-alloy construction