With a notable load capacity of 17.6 lb, the 494 Center Ball Head with 200PL-PRO Quick Release Platefrom Manfrotto is an aluminum head capable of supporting most DSLRs and mirrorless cameras even with larger lenses attached. At a working height of 3.9" and with a weight of 11.3 oz, it is relatively compact and features an ergonomic design with large rotating knobs. It offers 360° pan and -90 to 40° lateral tilt, with a dedicated knob for panoramic movement as well as tension control so you can frame your shot more easily while tracking subjects.
The product comes equipped with the 200PL-PRO quick release plate, which is compatible with both the Manfrotto RC2 attachment used on this ball head as well as the Arca-Type system. This lends it improved versatility, allowing you to switch your camera between compatible tripods quickly and easily. The plate is made of aluminum and sports rubber inserts that help secure your camera even while shooting at extreme angles.
- Can support camera systems as heavy as 17.6 lb, such as most full-size DSLRs with telephoto lenses
- Compact at 3.9" in height and with a weight of 11.3 oz
- 360° panning with dedicated control knob for improved operation
- Lateral tilt of -90 to 40°
- Tension control knob allows you to adjust friction so you can track and frame subjects easily
- RC2 and Arca-type compatible quick release plate, made of aluminum with rubber inserts