Pairing a relatively low magnification with large objectives, Nikon's black 7x50 Aculon A211 Binocular is outfitted with enhanced light-gathering capabilities, a large exit pupil, and long eye relief, which work together to produce an optic that is optimized for use in challenging light conditions.
The light-gathering ability offered by the 50mm objectives helps to ensure bright and clear views at dawn and dusk, or when peering into dense underbrush, while the large exit pupil ensures complete coverage as pupils open and dilate as light fades—which keeps views bright and clear without vignetting. Anti-reflection multi-coated aspherical lenses, made with environmentally friendly Eco-Glass elements, complement the BAK4 Porro prism light path to deliver high-contrast images with enhanced depth of field without edge distortion, as well as accurate color fidelity. All these features work together to present users with an immersive observational experience.
The Aculon's sculpted rubber-armored housing is designed to fit naturally into the observer's hand and provide secure non-slip handling. It is offered here in a subdued black color. Twist-up rubber eyecups and a comfortable eye relief enable easy viewing without eye fatigue, especially during long observation sessions. For those who might experience arm fatigue from holding a large-objective optic such as this, the binocular can be tripod mounted using an optional tripod adapter. The combination of image quality and user-friendly design makes the 7x50 Aculon A211 a natural option for medium-range glassing in even the most challenging light conditions.
- Moderate 7x power magnifies views while helping to produce an exceptional exit pupil for enhanced viewing in low light
- Large 50mm objective lenses improve light-gathering ability for bright and clear images, even in challenging conditions such as at dawn and dusk
- Traditional Porro prism light path produces a rich depth of field, allowing the user to discern the relative distances between objects being viewed
- High refractive index BAK4 prisms deliver a round exit pupil and a crisp and clear image with limited edge distortion
- Aspherical eyepiece lenses correct spherical aberration to produce clear and crisp images, with reduced edge distortion and astigmatism
- Anti-reflection multi-coated optics produce neutral and accurate color fidelity and improve contrast and image brightness
- 335-foot field of view at 1000 yards
Use and Handling
- Large slip-resistant center focus wheel is easy to manipulate, even while wearing gloves
- Right-eye dioptric correction compensates for individual user's optical prescription for clearer and sharper views
- 56-72mm interpupillary adjustment range
- Twist-up click-stop rubber eyecups for comfortable use with or without eyewear
- Tripod mountable with optional adapter for hands-free use with reduced vibration and arm fatigue
- Long 17.6mm eye relief allows the user to back out of the eyecup for easier viewing without eye fatigue, especially during long observation sessions
- Wide 7.1mm exit pupil will completely cover pupils as they open and dilate in low light for a full and complete view without vignetting
- Environmentally friendly Eco-Glass is made without lead or arsenic
- Protective rubber armoring provides a comfortable slip-resistant grip even in cold weather
- Ergonomically sculpted grips
- One-piece tethered ocular rainguard protects eyecups
- Objective lens caps can be clipped to neck strap to avoid losing them during observation sessions
- Weight: 32 ounces