Nikon AF-S 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Lens
A super telephoto distinguished by its fast design, the Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II is further characterized by its advanced optical layout, fast focusing, and image stabilization. Well-suited for sports and wildlife photography, the bright f/2.8 maximum aperture suits working in a variety of lighting conditions and also promotes working with shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques. The optical design includes three extra-low dispersion elements, which help to minimize chromatic aberrations and color fringing in order to gain higher clarity and color accuracy. Both Nano Crystal and Super Integrated Coatings have also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color rendering. Complementing the optics, this lens also sports a Silent Wave Motor for fast and accurate autofocus along with VR II image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake by three stops.
- Super telephoto prime is designed for FX-format F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it will provide a 450mm equivalent focal length.
- Impressively bright f/2.8 maximum aperture excels in difficult lighting conditions and also enables extensive control over depth of field for isolating subjects using selective focus techniques.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Both a Nano Crystal Coat and a Super Integrated Coating have been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- VR II (Vibration Reduction) image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by three stops to benefit shooting handheld in difficult lighting conditions.
- Removable, rotating tripod collar benefits working with the lens atop a tripod or monopod.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.
- Compatible with optional AF-S Teleconverter TC-14, TC-17, and TC-20 teleconverters.