Nikon AF-S 35mm f/1.8G ED Lens
One of the most flexible single focal lengths available, the AF-S NIKKOR 35mm f/1.8G ED from Nikon is a compact prime wide-angle well-suited for everyday shooting. Its bright f/1.8 maximum aperture excels in a variety of lighting conditions and also helps to maintain a relatively compact, lightweight design for walk-around use. The optical design employs both aspherical and extra-low dispersion elements to control both spherical and chromatic aberrations for high sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. A Super Integrated Coating has also been applied to limit flare and ghosting for improved contrast. Additionally, benefitting the optical assets, a Silent Wave Motor affords fast and precise autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus override, to benefit both stills and video applications.
- Wide-angle 35mm lens is designed for FX-format F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and also affords control over depth of field for working with selective focus techniques.
- One extra-low dispersion glass element is used in the optical construction to reduce a variety of chromatic aberrations and color fringing for a high degree of clarity and color neutrality.
- One aspherical element is used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. A Rear Focusing System is also used, where only the rear lens group is moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.