Nikon AF-S 85mm f/1.8G Lens
The AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G Lens from Nikon is a fast, compact FX-format prime medium telephoto lens. Though optimized for FX-format DSLR cameras, the lens is equally adept at serving any Nikon DX-format DSLR. The combination of its mid-range telephoto design and a fast f/1.8 aperture make it an excellent option for shooting both still images and HD video in low light scenarios. Available light shooters will love the wide-open effect when shooting intimate portraits; in-focus subjects will stay sharp, while distracting backgrounds will melt into a pleasing soft blur. When mounted on a DX-format DSLR, this 85mm prime delivers an apparent focal length of approximately 127mm.
- Short-telephoto prime is designed for FX-format Nikon F-mount cameras, however can also be used with DX models where it provides a 127.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture helps to achieve shallow depth of field imagery and also benefits working in low-light conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Super Integrated Coating has been applied to lens elements to minimize surface and internal reflections for a marked reduction in lens flare and ghosting.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
What's in the box