Nikon AF-S DX 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED Lens
Pairing an ultra-wide range with a constant f/4 maximum aperture, the Nikon AF-S DX Zoom-NIKKOR 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED is a versatile 18-36mm-equivalent DX-format zoom suitable for landscape, architectural, and interior subjects. Three aspherical elements and two extra-low dispersion elements are featured in the optical design, which help to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and color accuracy. A Super Integrated Coating also controls flare and ghosting to increase overall contrast and color rendering when working in backlit and harsh lighting conditions. Additionally, a Silent Wave Motor provides fast and quiet autofocus performance, along with full-time manual focus override, to benefit both stills and video applications.
- A wide-angle zoom designed for DX-format sensors, this 12-24mm lens produces an 18-36mm equivalent focal length range.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistent performance and light transmission throughout the zoom range.
- Three aspherical elements are used to reduce spherical aberrations and distortion in order to realize sharp imagery with accurate rendering.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements greatly reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and color accuracy.
- A Super Integrated Coating has been applied to individual elements to suppress internal reflections, flare, and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Silent Wave Motor affords quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance along with full-time manual focus override. An internal focusing design is also used, where only the internal lens groups are moved during focusing, to maintain the overall length of the lens during use and to promote faster focusing speeds.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm promotes a pleasing out of focus quality that benefits the use of shallow depth of field and selective focus techniques.