Nikon AF-S DX 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II Lens
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II DX Lens is a general-purpose zoom lens featuring a retractable barrel for a compact, lightweight design. The lens has a zoom range of 18-55mm, equivalent to 27-82.5mm with a 35mm format, which makes it useful in a wide variety of shooting conditions. This works with a retractable design that makes it easier to store and carry than standard lenses.
The 18-55mm utilizes a Silent Wave Motor for quiet, quick autofocusing and also features Vibration Reduction. This technology optically stabilizes the image to reduce camera shake and movement in order provide up to 4 additional stops of light while shooting handheld. For even better image quality, the elements of the lens feature a Super Integrated Coating that nearly eliminates ghosting and reduces flaring, maintaining a crisp image throughout the frame.
For general shooting, this lens features a minimum focusing distance of 9.8" in manual focus mode. Additionally, this lens features a 52mm filter thread for attaching your accessories.
- Aperture range from f/3.5-5.6 to f/22-36
- Works on FX-format cameras in DX crop mode
- Maximum reproduction ratio of 0.31x
- Lens construction features 11 elements in 8 groups
- Utilizes 7 rounded diaphragm blades for smooth out-of-focus areas
- Minimum focusing distance is 11" from focal plane, but can reach 9.8" in manual focus mode