The N-2004E20 Outdoorsman 2 Tripod Kit from Sirui is an ideal combination of a lightweight tripod with a compact ball head for the photographer who travels locally or internationally. This tripod and head combo is a convenient tool for any shooting situation that may arise. Also, one of the legs separates from the tripod and then converts into a monopod when this tripod cannot be used in certain places.
E-20 Ball Head with TY-50E Plate
The E-20 Ball Head with TY-50E Plate from Sirui is a 12.7 oz aluminum camera support that features an Arca-type compatible quick release system. The head has two separate knobs, the larger knob unlocks to release the ball movement, and the independent pan lock releases the 360° panning base, which has 5° scale markings.
The weight capacity of the ball head is 26.5 lb, which makes it suitable to support large DSLR and medium format cameras. Furthermore, inside the clamp there is a safety stop and on the side of the clamp a security pin release button, which prevents the plate from accidentally sliding and falling out. The included TY-50E plate has a machined eyelet for a hand or shoulder strap.
- Arca-type compatible ball head with safety stop and security pin release button
- 360° panning base with 5° scale increments
- Integrated spirit bubble level for balancing
- Machined eyelet on the quick release place for a hand or shoulder strap
N-2004X Aluminum Tripod
The Sirui N-2004X Aluminum Tripod is a great tripod for anyone who needs to pack light and reserve the option to, at a moment's notice, slim down their camera's support system to just a monopod. The N-2004X features a leg that unscrews and attaches to a second included mounting plate to form a monopod. And, differing from the N-2004 model, the N-2004X features a split center column for a fast and easy transition to low-angle shooting.
Reaching a maximum height of 65", the tripod itself is quite versatile in its own right – the N-2004X weighs just 4.0 lb but supports up to 33.1 lb thanks to its thick leg sections (only 3mm difference in diameter of each leg section) and forged aluminum alloy construction. It's suitable for use with just about any head and any 35mm camera, DSLR, point & shoot, or camcorder.
The N-2004X tripod's legs fold upward 180° to achieve a relatively compact folded length of 18.1" – even with select head models attached. The entire package will fit comfortably in most carry-on bags and many backpacks. A custom case with padded handle is included.
The tripod's center column is reversible, and the N-2004X comes with a short center column so that you can set up extremely close to the ground for ultra-low-angle shooting. With the center column split and the long section removed, you can set the legs at their widest angle (80°) and shoot from only 6.7" off the ground.
- The tripod converts easily into a monopod.
- A new split center column allows for faster and easier transition to low-angle shooting.
- Forged aluminum alloy results in stronger components than the traditional casting process that's often used for tripod chassis. Forging leads to more compacted metal and enhances the integrity of metal grains so they remain consistent and continuous. This leads to a longer product life and better performance.
- An anodizing surface treatment, produced by an electrolytic oxidation process to increase the thickness of the natural oxide layer on the surface of metal parts, is applied to increase corrosion & wear resistance and surface hardness, and to enhance color durability.
- 3mm diameter difference between each successive leg section for greater overall stability.
- Silicone twist locks for leg stages and anti-leg rotation system for faster, one-handed set-up.
- Automatic leg-angle lock mechanism for speed and convenience – independently lock legs into place at three different angles: 23°, 52° & 80°.
- Short center column allows the tripod to reach extremely low positions – minimum height of 6.7".
- An additional mounting plate attaches to the unscrewed monopod leg to mount a camera. A wrist strap is included for security in case the operator's grip slips.
- Leg warmer/padding facilitate handling in extreme weather conditions and adds level of protection.
- Center column hook allows you to add a ballast for a sturdier setup in windy conditions
- Reversible 1/4"-20 & 3/8"-16 screw on mounting plate enables the attachment of virtually any camera, camcorder, or head.
- Well-designed padded travel bag with sturdy shoulder strap for carrying is included.