Capture dynamic landscapes and wide perspectives with the full-frame A-mount Vario-Sonnar T* 16-35mm f/2.8 ZA SSM II Lens from Sony. Featuring a constant f/2.8 aperture, shooters will enjoy a consistent exposure throughout the zoom range as well as the ability to create images with a shallow depth of field. The lens also enjoys improved performance with an optical design that features one Super ED, one ED, and three aspherical elements as well as Zeiss' T* anti-reflective coating, which all help to minimize aberrations and improve sharpness and contrast.
Operation is made easy with a fast and quiet Super Sonic wave Motor (SSM) for autofocus and the inclusion of both a focus hold button and focus mode switch. It also benefits from an internal focus design and offers photographers a minimum focus distance of 11" for getting close to their subjects. Additionally, it has a nine-blade circular diaphragm for smooth bokeh as well as a dust- and moisture-resistant construction.
- Based on the Zeiss Sonnar optical concept, this lens uses a design with 17 elements in 13 groups that helps create a relatively compact wide-angle zoom with improved contrast, a resistance to flare, and with minimal distortion and chromatic aberrations.
- A wide-angle zoom designed for full-frame A-mount cameras, the 16-35mm can also be used on APS-C camera systems where it will provide a 24-52.5mm equivalent focal length.
- A constant f/2.8 maximum aperture offers consistent performance throughout the zoom range and also lends greater control over focus position for shallow depth of field techniques.
- Zeiss T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections in order to provide greater image clarity, contrast, and color fidelity.
- One super extra-low dispersion element and one extra-low dispersion glass element are featured in the lens design to help reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color neutrality.
- Three aspherical elements are incorporated in the lens design to reduce astigmatism, field curvature, coma, and other monochromatic aberrations.
- An SSM autofocus system and internal focus mechanism provides quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance and also contributes to more natural, intuitive manual focus control.
- A focus hold button and focus mode switch are present on the lens barrel for intuitive tactile control and rapid access to select settings.