Uneven surfaces, hills, and stairs present challenges when using traditional light stands. The patent-pending Westcott M6 Multi-Mount Tripod Plate allows you to convert a traditional tripod into a light stand. The M6 is a simple, yet versatile tool that provides the ability to mount a strobe, flash head, monolight, or audio equipment to a tripod equipped with most RC2 or Arca-type tripod head quick-release receivers.
Unsure if a light stand will be the best option out in the field? Imagine achieving precise positioning of lighting and audio equipment with a 5/8" receiver or female 1/4"-20 thread on almost any terrain without the need for a light stand, tilter bracket, or possibly even a weight bag. No more balancing acts when you have the M6.
Don't want to break down your lighting equipment on-location to free up an extra hand? Equipped with strategically placed clip-in mounting points, the M6 allows users to attach their equipment to a compatible camera strap for convenient over-the-shoulder transport during location sessions.
The durable and lightweight design of the M6 is courtesy of its single-piece CNC aluminum construction with slip-resistant pad. The overall structural integrity of the column and plate provides support for up to 50 lbs of gear, assuring that your equipment will be mounted safe and secure in any environment.
Westcott M6 Tripod Plate Features
- Patent-pending tripod plate allows users to convert a traditional tripod into a light stand
- Mounts to most RC2 or Arca-type tripod head quick-release receivers
- Utilizes the independent adjustability of a tripod's legs that provide stability on uneven surfaces, hills, and stairs
- Provides tripod mounting capabilities for various types of light heads and audio equipment equipped with a 5/8" receiver or female 1/4"-20 thread
- Strategically placed clip-in mounting points provide safe shoulder carrying capabilities for strobes, speedlights, and audio equipment
- Durable and lightweight design courtesy of the single-piece CNC aluminum construction with slip-resistant pad