Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 100-400mm f/5-6.3 IS Lens
Characterized by its impressive range and reach, the Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 100-400mm f/5-6.3 IS is a 200-800mm-equivalent super-telephoto zoom for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. This length is complemented by an advanced optical design that incorporates a series of ED and HR elements to minimize various aberrations and a ZERO coating also helps to control flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy.
This lens is also characterized by its optical image stabilization system that compensates for three stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting in difficult lighting conditions. A Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system is also employed to realize quick and quiet focusing performance, and a focus limiter switch also helps to quicken focusing depending on the anticipated subject-to-camera range. The lens is also fitted with a removable rotating tripod collar for improved balance and support, and the lens is weather-sealed to guard against dust, moisture, and freezing temperatures to benefit working in harsh climates.
- Spanning an impressive super telephoto range, this 100-400mm zoom is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 200-800mm equivalent focal length range.
- Two Super HR (high refractive index) elements and two HR elements are featured in the optical design to limit spherical aberrations for improved sharpness with reduced distortion. Additionally, three ED (extra-low dispersion) elements are also used to control chromatic aberrations and color fringing for greater clarity and color fidelity.
- A ZERO (Zuiko Extra-Low Reflection Optical) coating has been applied to individual elements to minimize lens flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color fidelity when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Optical image stabilization minimizes the appearance of camera shake by approximately three stops to suit handheld shooting applications.
- Movie & Still Compatible (MSC) autofocus system benefits both photo and video applications due to its smooth, quiet, and fast performance.
- Minimum focusing distance of 4.3' offers a 0.57x maximum magnification to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Focus range limiter allows you to constrict the focus system to 4.3-19.7', 4.3' to infinity, or 19.7' to infinity ranges for faster focusing performance depending on the subject type and distance.
- Weather-sealed construction guards the lens against dust and moisture for working in harsh environments.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Tripod collar provides well-balanced support when working from a monopod or tripod and permits quick switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- Compatible with the optional M.Zuiko Digital MC-14 1.4x and MC-20 2x Teleconverters to further extend the effective reach of the lens.
What's in the box
- Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 100-400mm f/5-6.3 IS Lens
- LC-72D Front Lens Cap
- Olympus LR-2 Rear Lens Cap
- Olympus LH-76D Lens Hood
- Tripod Collar
- Limited 1-Year Warranty