Combining intuitive controls and innovative features, the Panasonic HC-W580K Full HD Camcorder aims to bring a sense of fun and creativity to the traditional handheld camcorder, while still yielding high-quality results. Chief among these features is a Wireless Multi-Camera function that lets you record up to two additional camera angles as picture-in-picture windows using either a secondary camera built into the LCD screen, or via Wi-Fi connected mobile devices. There is also an HDR Movie mode that helps prevent blown-out highlights and blocked shadows. The creative features are complimented by a 28mm equivalent wide-angle lens that offers a large 50x optical and 90x intelligent zoom range to get you closer to the action, along with 5-axis image stabilization and a Level Shot function to produce clear, level, and more stable looking handheld footage.
The camcorder features built-in Wi-Fi connectivity for pairing with compatible mobile devices. This lets you use the Panasonic Image App to remotely control the camcorder, view photos and video, and upload your content directly to a social networking site. You can even broadcast 1080p video in real-time using the USTREAM video service to share moments with family and friends all over the world. There is also a Baby Monitor feature that allows you to check in on a sleeping baby from anywhere, as long as the camcorder is connected to your home network. You can speak to the baby using your smartphone and even be notified when the baby cries or when a voice is detected in the room.
- Twin Camera
- The HC-W580K features a secondary articulating camera built into the edge of the LCD monitor, allowing you to record two angles simultaneously. The video from the secondary camera is recorded in a sub-window for picture-in-picture recording. A backup function allows you to simultaneously record images with and without the sub-window for greater flexibility during post. The twin camera operation also features a narration mode which emphasizes the user's voice during recording-a feature that is particularly useful when the sub-camera is capturing a close-up of the user's face.
2 Megapixel, 1/5" MOS sensor
30.6mm (35mm equivalent), f/2.8 lens
- Wireless Multi-Camera
- Wireless Multi-Camera enables picture-in-picture recording using Wi-Fi connected mobile devices. You can connect up to three mobile devices at a time and use two of them to record picture-in-picture images. This makes it easy and fun to capture multiple angles and viewpoints at once.
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Movie Mode
- By combining two images taken with different exposure times, the HDR Movie function suppresses blown highlights and blocked shadows for crisper, clearer videos. With HDR you can maintain gradation in your images in difficult shooting situations, like when your subject is back-lit.
- 28mm Wide-Angle Lens
- Featuring a 28mm (35mm equivalent) focal length at the wide end, the lens allows you to fit more people and more of the background into the frame when working in tight spaces. And because it fits in your subjects even when you shoot from up close, you can get the camcorder's microphone closer to the action for improved audio pick up.
- 50x Optical Zoom / 90x Intelligent Zoom
- Get closer to the action with the camcorder's large 50x optical zoom range. When you need to get even closer, you can push in up to 90x using the intelligent zoom function. Intelligent zoom combines digital zoom, sharpening, and advanced image up-scaling technology to deliver crisper images.
- 5-Axis HYBRID O.I.S.+
- Stabilized on 5 axes (pan, tilt, and roll axes, plus horizontal and vertical directions), the HYBRID O.I.S+ suppresses blurring and jitters in your videos when not using a tripod or other stabilizer.
- Level Shot
- Level Shot automatically detects and corrects tilting in images. It can be adjusted to three different levels-OFF, Normal or Strong-depending on shooting conditions.
- Wi-Fi Control and Streaming
- In addition to Wireless Multi-Camera, the camera is also able to take advantage of remote control and image sharing from a smartphone or tablet using Panasonic's mobile app. Once connected to your smartphone, you can even live stream video using USTREAM to share moments and events with your friends and family as they are being recorded.
- Baby Monitor Feature
- The camera includes a Baby Monitor feature which enables you to check on a sleeping baby in another room with the camcorder connected to home network with a smartphone. You can speak to the baby using your smartphone, or have notification sent to your smartphone when your baby's crying voice or other sound is detected.
- Creative Control Effects
- Add effects to your video for further enhancing your creativity. Built-in Creative Control modes include Miniature Effect, 8mm Movie, Silent Movie, and Time Lapse Recording.