Assuming a truly thin profile of just 0.8"-thick, the Panasonic LUMIX G 14mm f/2.5 ASPH II Lens is a sleek wide-angle prime designed for Micro Four Thirds system cameras. Offering a 28mm-equivalent focal length, this lens takes on a wider-than-normal perspective to benefit its use in a broad variety of shooting situations. A stepping motor provides quick, quiet autofocus performance that is beneficial to both movie and still recording and an inner focusing system maintains the overall lens length during operation for greater responsiveness. This compact and versatile lens is an ideal option for everyday use.
The optical design comprises six elements in five groups, which includes three aspherical elements to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortions for greater image clarity and a reduction in color fringing. Additionally, a multi-coating has been applied to the lens elements to minimize surface reflections, flare, and ghosting for increased contrast and color neutrality. A rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when using selective focus techniques and an all-metal lens mount offers enhanced durability and mounting precision.
- Slim profile wide-angle prime is designed specifically for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless digital cameras, where it provides a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 28mm.
- A bright maximum aperture of f/2.5 benefits working in low-light conditions as well as offering greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field applications.
- The lens construction incorporates three aspherical elements to maintain an overall sleek profile while also minimizing aberrations and distortions for greater image clarity.
- Multi-coated lens elements help to reduce lens flare and ghosting for greater contrast and color fidelity.
- An inner focusing system pairs with a stepping motor to deliver quick, quiet, and accurate autofocus performance that is suitable for both still and movie capture.
- The pancake lens profile of the lens measures 0.8" thick and weighs just under 2oz, making it an ideal travel lens for a broad array of shooting situations.
- A rounded seven-blade diaphragm produces smooth out-of-focus highlights when working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- The metal lens mount affords consistent mounting precision as well as enhanced durability.