Zeiss Loxia 25mm f/2.4 Lens for Sony E Mount
Featuring a compact form factor at only 2.9" in length, the Loxia 25mm f/2.4 Lens from Zeiss is a wide-angle prime designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras. It is based on the Distagon optical concept, providing an image that is notably sharp and free of distortion from edge to edge. The optical construction also incorporates two anomalous partial dispersion elements and one aspherical lens to help control chromatic aberrations and increase clarity and color accuracy. Applied to all elements is Zeiss' T* anti-reflective coating that minimizes lens flare and ghosting.
Loxia lenses have a manual focus ring that has been specifically tailored for use with electronic viewfinders, and also offer a manual aperture ring that can be de-clicked for silent operation. Both of these features make this lens especially well-suited to filmmaking applications. The durable all-metal barrel incorporates engraved focusing and depth of field scales for easy operation, and a 90° focus throw gives you fine-tuned control over your composition. For added protection, the lens mount features a weather-resistant gasket to help prevent any dust or moisture from entering your equipment.
- Prime wide-angle lens is designed specifically for full-frame E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used on APS-C models where it will provide a 37.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2.4 maximum aperture permits working in low-light conditions and also helps to maintain the compact overall form factor of the lens.
- Based on the Distagon optical concept, this lens delivers virtually distortion-free performance that pairs well with the broad angle of view.
- Two anomalous partial dispersion elements and one aspherical element combine to limit chromatic and spherical aberrations for cleaner, sharper image quality
- ZEISS T* anti-reflective coatings have been applied to each lens surface to help minimize reflections and provide greater image clarity, contrast and color fidelity.
- Manual focus design is accentuated by a knurled metal focusing ring, 90° focus ring rotational angle, and engraved depth of field and distance scale markings.
- The manual aperture ring can be mechanically 'de-clicked' for smooth, silent rotation throughout the aperture range; making it suitable for video applications.
- The lens mount is fitted with an electronic interface that conveys all lens EXIF data to the camera and can also be configured to automatically activate the camera's focusing magnification function when turning the focus ring.
- An all-metal lens barrel is fitted with a weather-resistant gasket at the lens mount to protect against moisture and dust from reaching the image sensor or rear lens element.