Pairing an exceptionally wide field of view with the ability to correct for perspective distortion, the Canon EF-mount Laowa 15mm f/4.5 Zero-D Shift from Venus Optics is an ideal lens for architecture and interior applications. The broad 110° angle of view is complemented by an impressive +/- 11mm shift range to compensate for unwanted converging lines and keystone distortion. This shift control is further complemented by a 360° rotation mechanism applying the movements in various directions for to suit both horizontal and vertical orientation shooting. Additionally, as part of the Zero-D lens series, this 15mm f/4.5 also renders scenes with a high degree of accuracy and very low distortion.
In terms of optics, two aspherical elements and three extra-low dispersion elements are featured, which reduce both spherical and chromatic aberrations for high sharpness and clarity. An anti-reflective coating also helps to control flare and ghosting for heightened contrast and color rendering. The lens uses a manual focus design for working with subjects as close a 7.9" away and has a five-blade diaphragm for producing distinct 10-point sun stars.
- Ultra-wide lens is designed for full-frame Canon EF-mount cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 24mm equivalent focal length.
- As part of the Zero-D series, this lens has a rectilinear design that renders subjects with minimal distortion in order to suit architectural, interior, and landscape applications.
- Integrated +/- 11mm of shift adjustment helps to correct perspective distortion and eliminate keystone distortion.
- Large 65mm-diameter image circle easily covers full-frame sensors without any vignetting. Additionally, this lens can also be adapted to medium format mirrorless cameras (44 x 33mm sensor), where up to +/- 8mm of shift is available.
- The shift control works in conjunction with 360° of rotation for applying the shift in various directions, benefitting switching between vertical and horizontal shooting orientations, and the rotation mechanism has click stops at 15° increments for intuitive handling.
- Two aspherical elements limit spherical aberrations and distortion for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Three extra-low dispersion elements reduce chromatic aberrations and color fringing for increased clarity and color neutrality.
- Updated anti-reflective coating suppresses flare and ghosting for improved contrast and color accuracy when working in strong lighting conditions.
- Manual focusing design and a minimum focusing distance of 7.9" suits working with close-up subjects.
- Five-blade diaphragm produces distinct 10-point sun stars and specular highlights when stopped-down and photographing point light sources.
- Compatible with optional Shift Lens Support for more balanced mounting and to better enable using the lens for shift-type stitched panorama shooting without parallax error.