A fast telephoto prime for the Fujifilm X-series of mirrorless cameras, the XF 90mm f/2 R LM WR Lensfeatures a 137mm equivalent focal length along with a fast f/2 maximum aperture for low-light performance and extensive control over focus placement. The lens construction incorporates three extra-low dispersion elements to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortion and a Super EBC coating has been applied to control flare and ghosting for increased contrast and color fidelity. Complementing the optical assets is a robust weather-sealed construction that incorporates seven seals on the lens barrel to protect against moisture, dust, and cold temperatures. Benefitting handling and fast-paced shooting, this 90mm f/2 also incorporates a Quad Linear Motor for quick, quiet, and precise autofocus performance. As a mid-length prime telephoto, this lens is especially well-suited to a variety of shooting applications, most notably portraiture, where the intuitive handling, fast performance, and ability to control your focus are paramount.
- Providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length range of 137mm, this prime telephoto is ideal for working with distant subjects and portraiture applications.
- Fast f/2 maximum aperture benefits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers greater control over focus when working with shallow depth of field or selective focus techniques.
- The 11-element-in-8-group design includes three extra-low dispersion elements to minimize chromatic aberrations and distortions for increased clarity and sharpness.
- A Super EBC coating has been applied to the surface of each element, for controlling ghosting and flare, for greater image clarity.
- A Quad Linear Motor autofocus system delivers smooth, near-silent performance that is especially beneficial to video applications and when working in noise-sensitive areas. Four magnets are incorporated into the design of the linear motor for increased torque and faster response for acquiring focus as quickly as 0.14 sec.
- Seven distinct weather seals are placed about the lens barrel to protect against dust, moisture, and temperatures as low as 14°F.
- Seven rounded diaphragm blades contribute to a pleasing out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
- A minimum focusing distance of 2' pairs with a 0.2x maximum magnification (0.3x equivalent) to benefit working with close-up subjects.