Distinguished by its close-focusing capabilities, the Laowa 50mm f/2.8 2X Ultra Macro APO from Venus Optics is a 100mm-equivalent prime lens designed Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras. Offering an impressive 2:1 greater-than-life-size maximum magnification, along with a 5.3" minimum focusing distance, this lens excels with close-up subject matter. Designated an apochromat, the optical design incorporates a series of extra-low dispersion elements to control color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to achieve high clarity and accurate color rendering. Additionally, the lens features a manual focus design, a seven-blade diaphragm, and incorporates a CPU for Exif data transfer and to permit camera-based aperture control.
- Portrait-length prime is designed for Micro Four Thirds mirrorless cameras and provides a 100mm equivalent focal length.
- Featuring an apochromatic designation, this lens uses a trio of extra-low dispersion elements to effectively eliminate chromatic aberrations and color fringing for greater clarity and accurate rendering.
- Greater-than-life-size 2:1 maximum magnification pairs with a 5.3" minimum focusing distance, and 2.2" minimum working distance, to suit working with close-up subjects.
- Manual focus design, along with focus distance and depth of field scales, aids in precise focusing control.
- A seven-blade diaphragm contributes to a pleasing bokeh quality.
- Integrated CPU permits camera-based aperture control and also transfers Exif data from the lens to the camera.