Characterized by its extremely wide field of view and rectilinear rendering, the Nikon Z-mount Laowa 9mm f/5.6 FF RL, from Venus Optics, is prime lens offering a uniquely wide perspective that is well-suited for interior, architecture, nature, and landscape subjects. The immense 135° angle of view is complemented by an advanced optical design that uses low dispersion, aspherical, and high refractive index elements to control a variety of aberrations and distortion to achieve high sharpness, clarity, and color accuracy. The lens has a manual focus design and permits working with subjects as close as 4.7" away and its built-in petal-shaped hood helps to block stray light from causing unwanted lens flare. Additionally, the lens is also characterized by its especially compact size, which makes it ideal for walk-around and travel applications.
- Ultra-wide-angle lens is designed for FX-format Nikon Z-mount mirrorless cameras but can also be used with DX models where it provides a 13.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements are used to reduce color fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce high clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements and one ultra-high refractive index glass element help to control distortion and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness and accurate rendering.
- Impressively wide 135° angle of view pairs with a rectilinear design, which renders subjects with minimal distortion in order to suit landscape and architectural applications.
- Manual focus operation permits working with subjects as close as 4.7" away and a focusing tab is featured for easier handling and control.
- Built-in petal-shaped lens hood helps to prevent stray light from causing lens flare and also offers some physical protection to the lens's front element.
- Five-blade diaphragm produces distinct 10-point sun stars and specular highlights when stopped-down and photographing point light sources.