Sigma 65mm f/2.0 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E
Stylishly sleek, the Sony E-mount Sigma 65mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens is a shot-tele/long-normal prime offering a unique field of view well-suited to portraiture and selective everyday shooting. Complementing the slightly long focal length is a bright f/2 design that helps to maintain a portable form factor while also contributing to low-light performance and depth of field control. Optically, this 65mm f/2 includes a pair of aspherical elements and one low dispersion element in its design to control a variety of aberrations and achieve notable sharpness and clarity. A Super Multi-Layer Coating has also been applied, which reduces flare and ghosting for greater contrast.
Benefitting handling, this lens features a stepping motor for quick and quiet AF performance that suits both photo and video applications. As an I Series lens, too, this lens incorporates a manual aperture ring and all-metal barrel constriction into its design for enhanced tactility. Additionally, there is a rounded nine-blade diaphragm for smooth bokeh quality and the lens housing is also weather-sealed to suit working in inclement conditions.
- As part of the Contemporary line within Sigma's Global Vision series, this lens is designed to achieve a balance between convenience and performance, and meshes a compact, lightweight build and versatile handling with notable optical attributes.
- I Series lens emphasizes a sleek and stylish physical design that is built to the same operational standards of Sigma's Cine lenses, including a mechanical aperture ring, knurled metal components, and various switches and tactile controls for intuitive operation.
- Long-normal 65mm lens is designed for full-frame Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras, however can also be used with APS-C models where it provides a 97.5mm equivalent focal length.
- Bright f/2 maximum aperture strikes and ideal balance between speed and size and manages to maintain a compact physical profile while also offering low-light performance and depth of field control.
- One Special Low Dispersion (SLD) element markedly reduces chromatic aberrations and color fringing for improved clarity and color accuracy.
- Two aspherical elements help to control distortion and spherical aberrations for a high degree of sharpness and accurate rendering.
- A Super Multi-Layer Coating has been applied to lens elements in order to minimize lens flare and ghosting and contribute to producing contrast-rich and color-neutral imagery, even in backlit conditions.
- Integrated stepping motor realizes smooth and quiet autofocus, which is further complemented by an internal focusing design to promote greater responsiveness.
- Manual aperture ring includes an 'A' position for camera-based aperture selection.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- Brass bayonet affords improved mounting accuracy and rigidity and rubber sealing is incorporated in the mount's design to render it dust- and splash-resistant.
- Included LCF62-01M magnetic lens cap attaches directly to the front of the lens and is compatible with the optional CH-11 Lens Cap Holder.
What's in the box
- Sigma 65mm f/2 DG DN Contemporary Lens for Sony E
- Sigma LCF-62 III 62mm Lens Cap
- Sigma Rear Cap LCR II for Sony E Mount Lenses
- Sigma LCF6201M Magnetic Metal Lens Cap
- Sigma LH656-01 Lens Hood
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Limited 3-Year U.S.A. Warranty Extension